Total preparation time: 15 minutes
- 18 oz box Total Raisin Bran Cereal (Low Fat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon Steva
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup soy protein
- 5 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons Letasin Graduals (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flax seed (if not ground, then grind) You will need a coffee grinder.
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup oil (Applesauce may be used, but does not keep as well)
- 4 eggs (beaten) or 1 cup of Egg Beaters
- 1 quart buttermilk (low fat)
1. In a large bowl mix bran cereal, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, Letasin graduals, and ground flax seed.
2. Then add beaten eggs, oil, buttermilk, and molasses. Blend until flour is well mixed. (DO NOT OVER BEAT).
3. Store in covered container (recipe yields approximately 3 quarts) in refrigerator. Use when you need at any time.
4. Fill muffin cups full. Bake 12-20 minutes at 400 degrees
5. 24 muffins made with applesauce, Egg Beaters, low fat Total, and low fat buttermilk will have around 1 gr. fat, 260 calories.