Apple Puff Pancake
This wonderful recipe was given to us by a guest that stayed at our Inn, and we have served it ever since.
Total preparation time: 30 min.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 round 8" or 9" pans in oven with butter divided among the pans. Take out when butter has melted and coat bottom and sides of pans with pastry brush. Spray with Pam also.
2. Beat 4 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup all purpose flour, and 1/2 tsp. salt in small mixer bowl on medium speed 1 minute. This will make the batter.
3. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon together. Set aside.
4. Sauté apples that have been peeled and thinly sliced in 2 T. butter and a little of the sugar and cinnamon mixture till semi-firm. Arrange apples in pans and top with batter.
5. Sprinkle sugar mix on top. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown or about 20 minutes.