More Bran-Six Week muffins
Total preparation time: 15 minutes
» 18 oz box Total Raisin Bran Cereal (Low Fat)
» 1 cup sugar
» 1/4 tablespoon Steva
» 4 cups flour
» 1 cup soy protein
» 5 tablespoons baking soda
» 2 tablespoons salt
» 3 tablespoons Letasin Graduals (optional)
» 3 tablespoons flax seed (if not ground, then grind) You will need a coffee grinder.
» 1/2 cup molasses
» 1 cup oil (Applesauce may be used, but does not keep as well)
» 4 eggs (beaten) or 1 cup of Egg Beaters
» 1 quart buttermilk (low fat)
1. In a large bowl mix bran cereal, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, Letasin graduals, and ground flax seed.
2. Then add beaten eggs, oil, buttermilk, and molasses. Blend until flour is well mixed. (DO NOT OVER BEAT).
3. Store in covered container (recipe yields approximately 3 quarts) in refrigerator. Use when you need at any time.
4. Fill muffin cups full. Bake 12-20 minutes at 400 degrees
5. 24 muffins made with applesauce, Egg Beaters, low fat Total, and low fat buttermilk will have around 1 gr. fat, 260 calories.
Pecan French Toast
Total preparation time: 15 minutes
»3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
»2 tablespoons light corn syrup
»1 teaspoon cinnamon
»1/2 cup pecans (chopped and toasted)
»1 1/2 cups milk (Skim is OK)
»1 teaspoon vanilla
»1 loaf French or Italian bread (supermarket style) cut into 3/4 inch slices
»1/2 cup butter
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix and melt brown sugar, butter, syrup, cinnamon, and pecans. Butter or spray a 9"X13" baking dish with canola oil and pour the syrup mixture into the bottom.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk and vanilla. Arrange the bread slices in the baking dish and pour the egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. One hour before baking, remove French toast from the refrigerator. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
4. Its fragrance, along with that of our own Spicy Sausage patties in the frying pan, really gets everyone up in the morning.
Apple Puff Pancake
This wonderful recipe was given to us by a guest that stayed at our Inn, and we have served it ever since.
Total preparation time: 30 min.
» 4 eggs
» 3/4 cup milk
» 3/4 cup all purpose flour
» 1/2 teaspoon salt
» 1/4 cup sugar
» 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 round 8" or 9" pans in oven with butter divided among the pans. Take out when butter has melted and coat bottom and sides of pans with pastry brush. Spray with Pam also.
2. Beat 4 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup all purpose flour, and 1/2 tsp. salt in small mixer bowl on medium speed 1 minute. This will make the batter.
3. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon together. Set aside.
4. Sauté apples that have been peeled and thinly sliced in 2 T. butter and a little of the sugar and cinnamon mixture till semi-firm. Arrange apples in pans and top with batter.
5. Sprinkle sugar mix on top. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown or about 20 minutes.
Pumpkin Pecan Cake
» 1 pkg. spice cake (pudding included)
» 1 cup canned pumpkin
» 1/2 C. cooking oil (or sub 1/2 C. Applesauce)
» 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix (3 3/4 oz.)
» 3 eggs
» 1 tsp. cinnamon
» 1/2 C. water
» 1/2 C. chopped pecans
1. In large bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes.
Fold in chopped pecans.
2. Bake in greased and floured 12 C. Bunt pan at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
3. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes: turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
4. Serve with whipped cream.
1 can whole Kernel corn
1 can cream-style corn
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs beaten
1 box jiffy corn bread mix
1/4 cup margarine melted on top
Mix all ingredients except margarine together.
Place in greased casserole dish and melt margarine on top.
Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Stuffed French Toast
8 ounces cream cheese
1 1/2 pound loaf firm white bread
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup butter, milted (1/4 pound) **Note: If you double the recipe do not double butter)
1/4 cup pancake mix
Strawberry Sauce: (Optional) ***Fresh strawberries cut up is what I use not frozen.
2 cup sliced fresh strawberries ( 1 pint)
2 cups strawberry preserves *** I use sugar free
Note:The French toast must be prepared the night before, then baked just before serving.
Grease a 13X9X2 inch glass baking dish.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the ream cheese over half of the bread slices.
Cover with the remaining slices to make sandwiches.
Remove the crust and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Place in the prepared baking dish.
Mix the eggs, cream, maple syrup, pancake mix and melted butter until well blended.
Pour evenly over the bread, press the bread down until it soaks up the egg mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight
Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned. ***Note: you should be able to insert a knife in the center and it should come out clean if done.
Meanwhile , make the sauce.
Heat the strawberries and strawberry preserves in a saucepan, stirring gently, until the preserves have melted.
Cut the French toast into squares and serve warm, with the strawberry sauce.
Make; 10-12 servings, 3 1/2 cups strawberry sauce.
Caramel Banana Cake w/ Walnuts
"What a combination of flavors" Exciting and different."
1 pkg. white cake mix, pudding included ( approx: 18 1/2 oz.)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 pkg. Instant butterscotch pudding (3 3/4 oz)
In large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, cooking oil and bananas.
Blend just to moisten, then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
Stir in Walnuts.
Set aside 1 1/2 cups batter. Stir pudding into remaining batter until blended.
Pour first batch with out pudding into greased and floured 12- cup bunt pan
Top with reserved batter.
Bake at 350 degrees about 50 minutes or until cake tests done with a tooth pick.
Cool in pan 10-15 minutes, turn out on wire rack or serving plate to compete cooling
Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar..
*** Banana surprise Cake: Substitute instant banana pudding mix in place of butterscotch, and decrease the amount of bananas to 1/2 cup.
No Sugar- No Flour Banana Muffins
These muffins are easy to make and freeze well. Place them in individual serving packaged in your freezer and when needed let thaw overnight should be ready by morning. You can microwave for fifteen seconds for breakfast if you wish.
Cook full 25 minutes or the bottoms will not be done. Remember no flour, so toothpick checking to see if they are done will not work.
4 Cups Oatmeal
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
8 egg whites, whipped until foamy
6 bananas, mashed 2 cups Splenda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
10 Tablespoons soy milk
1 teaspoon butter
I thought this recipe needed salt... so you decide on that
Cooking spray for coating pan
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Pour Into Muffin thins coated with cooking spray and bake 25 minutes.. Serve warm or freeze once they are cooled.
Layered Breakfast Casserole
Bake In pre-heated oven to 350 degrees.
Use 16 oz. Corning ware Stoneware w/ lids
Lightly oil individual casseroles- I use a spray olive oil
Layer according to how it is written
2 packages Simply Potatoes ( 1/2 cup per casserol)
2 packages Jimmy Dean fully cooked Sausage Crumbles Original (1/4 cup per casserole)
*** You can use any of your choice sausage or even bacon
2 packages finely shredded cheese (2 cups net wt. 8 oz. (1/3 cup per casserol
I use finely shredder (1 sharp cheder and 1 Mild cheddar)
*** You can use whatever finely shredded cheese you prefer you can even use (2) Italian blend or (2) Mexican blend if you would rather.
2 Onions finely choppped ( cooked in a little oil) use 1/2 Tbsp per casserol
*** You may want to use more or some may not want to add onions at all that is up to you.
(1) large green or sweet finely chopped (leave raw) use 1 Tbsp per casserol.
*** You may use more or less if you do not like gree or sweet peppers then don't put any inn.
NOTE: You can also use vegetables like Broccoli or Spinach.
2 eggs Per casserole + 1/3 cup Milk per casserols ( scramble eggs and wilk together)
***Optional a dash or salt or pepper if you wish
Pour over each casserol and take a fork and mix slightly to make sure egg mixture gets all the way to the bottom.
These can be made the night before, also if you wish, that is why you need a dish with a lid.
Bake uncovered , check at 35 min. see if eggs have set- insert a knife if it comes out clean for the most part the casserols are ready (Do not over cook till dry)
Cooking time 35-40 mIn
Makes 8-12 or just two Casseroles